Active Retirement In Pennsylvania
Find top rated Pennsylvania Active Retirement for active adults considering retiring to Pennsylvania. Searching for Active Retirement on Retirenet.com is simple and easy. You will find many communities and homes to fulfill your retirement dreams. All retirement options are available including golf course living, new home communities, waterfront homes, condominiums, villas, manufactured home living and more. Your perfect place to retire is just a few clicks away.
You can narrow your search by selecting any of the Community Amenities listed here.
Closing Thoughts On The Best Place To Buy A Lake House In Pennsylvania
Mountains, lakes, beautiful woodlands, thrilling activities, recreational sports, a relaxing atmosphere, and a variety of local cuisines are just a few of the many attractions Pennsylvania has to offer. The range of living conditions available here gives alternatives for every price level and lifestyle, making the state a great place for everyone to visit. The places weve included here are only a few of the many beautiful places in the state so be sure to explore other areas that may interest you. We hope you found this article on the best place to buy a lake house in Pennsylvania helpful. Good luck in your search.
Be sure to explore our other articles on the best places to buy a vacation home, including the best places to buy a cabin in California, the best places to buy a lake house in Michigan and the best places to buy a beach house in Texas.
*Housing data provided by BestPlaces.net
Best Place To Buy A Lake House In Pennsylvania: Our Top 6
Pennsylvania is not only home to some of the worlds most beautiful landscapes, but it is also rich in history and culture. Pennsylvania plays a major role in history, from the battlefields of wars that defined the United States to the engineering wonders that helped establish the state. As the fifth most populated state, the region has a lot to offer, from strong career prospects to calm, serene locations where anybody may rest and revel in natures wonders.
Whether you want to relocate to Pennsylvania or are simply seeking the perfect weekend getaway, this article is for you as we consider the best place to buy a lake house in Pennsylvania. Now lets take a tour of the Top Six Best Places to Buy a Lake House in Pennsylvania. Here we go.
Read Also: How To Make Retirement Money Last
Lancaster County Area Resales
- Brookshire – Manheim – land-leased low-maintenance community of single homes in rural area. Overlooks 3-acre stocked lake for fishing.563 Brookshire Ave. – 717-665-6679 – Open M-F – Call for resales only.
- Clearview Gardens by Landmark Homes Ephrata – Pennsylvania Dutch country in Lancaster County – inter-generational community with an separate enclave for over 55 residents – 2 bedroom homes started low $200’s. PH: 717-283-5790
- Lititz – In Lititz, Pa. by Traditions of America – Sold out – Excellent location in a small town in Lancaster County makes for a fast-selling community – Planned 172 low maintenance singles and 72 garden homes – Resort amenities such as clubhouse, pool. Will have clubhouse, spa, fitness, pool, tennis, recreation and more. 1076 Constitution Dr., Lititz
- Mount Joy by Traditions of America – Mount Joy – 15 minutes to Lancaster by Traditions of America – near Amtrak Train station – single family homes from very low $200’s. Sold out. 1319 Emerson Drive, Mount Joy
- Four Seasons at Elmtree – Mount Joy – by Khovnanian Homes. Mount Joy. Lancaster County. Started in low $200’s. Popular community is now sold out – check with local Realtors for resales.
- Honeycroft Village Cochranville – By Landmark Homes – Chester County – Scenic setting, resort-like. 2-3 bedroom homes – 9 foot ceilings on first floors – clubhouse with fitness, indoor pool. Started from $229,900’s. Inquire about available rentals. Please check with local Realtors for resales.
Most Viewed Pennsylvania Communities
*As determined by most click-thrus on this page in past 3 months.
Notes for Us
The dates are the date they were placed on this page and are approximate. All dates to be accurate must be verified with the communities. This is a new addition to our site and will take time to be more complete.
—Added New in 8/21: Regency at Waterside in Ambler, Del Webb North Penn, Cortland Park, and Winding Creek
—Added to Coming in 8/21: Regency at Waterside, Del Webb North Penn, Winding Creek
—Changed Status to New from Coming: Cortland Park, 3/8/22:Del Webb North Penn now pre-selling.
—Added New in 6/21: Blue Ridge Villas, Big Elk, South Whitehall, White Springs at Providence, West Brandywine, Southpointe, East Petersburg, Locust Valley
—Added to Last Chance to buy 6/21: Traditions of America Silver Spring, Blue Bell Springs
—Added to Resales 3/8/22: Stonecroft Village
Also Check: Military Medical Retirement And Va Disability
Pennsylvania Retirement Communitiesages 55+
There are a variety of Pennsylvania retirement communities for 55+, new and resale, listed here. Pennsylvania has sophisticated urban and suburban neighborhoods near Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and scenic country areas throughout the state.
Along with Florida, Pennsylvania has the largest percentage of seniors 65+ of any state according to the US Census Bureau. Kiplinger has noted Pennsylvania as one of the top tax friendly states. Verify all prices listed here as they can change.
Reading And Harrisburg Area Resales
- Legacy at the Paper Mill – Sold Out – Berks County – Lower Heidelberg Twp – 5 miles to Reading – 2 and 3 bedroom country homes by Berks Homes from low $200’s. Paper Mill Rd and Van Reed, Reading
- Meadow View Farms by Judd Builders – Oley Township, Berks County, started mid $200’s. $$ Own home and land – one and two story single homes with many luxury features – 2-car garages – clubhouse – some optional basements. 7 New Hope Blvd., Oley, PA
- Village at Maidencreek – Blandon – Berks County – near Reading – 110 luxury townhomes with amenities. Started medium high $100’s. Clubhouse, spa, sauna. 101 Maple Leaf Drive
- Briar Lake by Landmark Homes – SOLD OUT – Lebanon – Lakeside with fishing and boating, walking and bike trails, clubhouse. Single family homes from $170’s and carriage homes from $140’s. 945 N 8th Ave, Lebanon PA
- Amesbury – Sold – Low maintenance resort-style community of 2-3 bedroom attached carriage homes by S& A Homes – Near Lower Paxton Friendship Center, a recreation center – Close to shopping mall – Started from $220’s. 4831 Sheffield Court, Harrisburg
- Stonecroft Village Near Reading in Womelsdorf – Berks County – By Landmark Homes – Started in low $200’s – Own home and land. One- and two-story homes with wide spacing. Scenic with 3-acre pond. 63 Rosebush Court, Womelsdorf
Welcome To Saw Creek Estates
Saw Creek Estates was voted the #1 gated community for vacation and full-time residents. We are known to have the finest amenities of any community in the Poconos. Amenities that cover the desires of all ages. From our private ski area, which is the safest place for kids to learn to ski, to our indoor tennis courts and 4 outdoor & 2 indoor pools.
Saw Creek Estates provides a wonderful year-round environment for those who are looking to be active and those looking for a piece of quiet nature. Saw Creek Estates is surrounded by our private lakes, world class amenities, woods with the trout filled Saw Creek. We are financially strong and impeccably maintained.
Smart & Engaged Living In The City Of Chicago
Smart Financial PlanningReduce expenses and control senior living costs as a resident of The Admiral at the Lake. The community offers dining, maintenance and utilities , which are included in the service fee. We will work with you to maximize your lifestyle while helping you make the best financial decisions for your future.
Our Lifecare contract is a long-term care option that gives you the confidence that, in the event of a change in your health, your health care needs will be taken care of by skilled and courteous staff. Lifecare assures a resident that if they ever need long-term care such as Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing theyll have these services and receive them at about the same monthly fee they pay in Independent Living. Residents know where they will receive care, who will provide it, and what it will cost. By planning now for your long-term care, you can receive substantial savings over the years.
Activities & EntertainmentA creative arts studio, a formal library and a private woodworking shop are just some The Admiral at the Lake believes in the importance of leading a full and active life. A creative arts studio, formal library, and private woodworking shop are just a few of the amenities available to residents of our active adult community.
Explore more living options at The Admiral at the Lake
You May Like: Jp Morgan Smart Retirement Blend
Bucks County 55+ Resales
- Regency at Yardley – By Toll Bros. – Bucks County – gated community with amenities approx. 30 minutes to Philadelphia – Carriage collection of townhomes were in $900,000’s with all the luxury amenities for your resort-like living Location: 225 Oxford Valley Road, Yardley – GPS Coordinates: X: 40.1984 Y: -74.8666
- Village of Buckingham Springs – New Hope by McKee – 2 bedrooms, 2 baths – Clubhouse, pool, spa, private bus. Activities. This is a land-lease community of single homes. Resales. 1490 Durham Rd., New Hope
- Arbours at Morgan Creek by Ryan Homes – 3 bedroom/2 bath spacious carriage homes with 2-car garages started from $270’s – pond, walking paths, low maintenance, clubhouse. Close to major shopping. 1041 Arbour Lane, Quakertown
- Yardley Woods – small 55+ community in prestigious area by Ryan Homes – luxury townhomes with first floor owners suites – Started mid-$400’s – 47 Griffin Way, Yardley
- Renaissance at Morgan Creek by Judd Builders – Quakertown – Bucks County – Started from low $300’s by Judd Builders Price: $$$ – Resort-like with clubhouse, swim pool and walking trails. One and two-story homes 1339 Creekside Lane, Quakertown
- Regency at Hilltown by Toll Brothers – Hilltown Township – low maintenance community of large luxury town homes – clubhouse, pool, tennis, recreation. Was from $500’s. 767 Minsi Trail Rd., Perkasie
The Enclave At Upper Makefield
Price Range: High $500ks High $900ks Number of Homes: 96 homes Age Restriction: 55+
This Newtown gated community has been under construction since 2014. When its finished, The Enclave at Upper Makefield will have 96 carriage homes. There are a number of layouts available to choose from that offer anywhere from 2,324 to 2,717 square feet of living space. Each has three to four bedrooms, two-and-a-half baths and an attached two-car garage. Association fees cover the cost of snow removal, lawn care and landscaping.
Unlike some retirement communities, The Enclave at Upper Makefield doesnt have a clubhouse. The neighborhood does, however, have numerous trails for walking and enjoying the outdoors. For those looking for a bit more variety, towns like Trenton and Philadelphia are close by, and Bucks County itself has many recreation activities, including a playhouse and a market.
Also Check: Dental Insurance For Retired Seniors
The Colony At Shippack
Price Range: High $200ks High $400ks Number of Homes: 81 homes Age Restriction: 55+
Resale homes are available at the Colony at Shippack, a retirement community built by Wilkinson Builders in Schwenksville between 2000 and 2002. There are plenty of things to do here, especially inside the 2,400-square-foot clubhouse. The clubhouse contains a multi-purpose room, a library and a workout room for getting in a good sweat. Outside, there is an outdoor pool, bocce ball, horseshoes, a picnic area and plenty of trails for walking.
Homes come in three different floor plans, ranging from 1,800 to 2,400 square feet. Most have two to three bedrooms, two to three bathrooms and a two-car garage. Your master suite will be on the first floor, so youll never have to worry about stairs. Your homeowners association fee will cover the cost of snow and trash removal, plus lawn care.
Waterfront New Home Communities In Pennsylvania
At NewHomeSource.com, we update the content on our site on a nightly basis. We seek to ensure that all of the data presented on the site regarding new homes and new home communities is current and accurate. However, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. It is your responsibility to independently verify the information on the site.
Also Check: Retirement List Of Things To Do
+ Community Homes For Sale In Pocono Lake Pa
Retirement community homes for sale in Pocono Lake, PA have a median listing home price of $252,499. There are 52 retirement community homes for sale in Pocono Lake, PA, which spend an average of 58 days on the market. Some of the hottest neighborhoods near Pocono Lake, PA are Hill Section, South Side, East Mountain, Minooka, Pocono Laurel Lake. You may also be interested in single family homes and condo/townhomes for sale in popular zip codes like 18347, 18360, or three bedroom homes for sale in neighboring cities, such as Tobyhanna, East Stroudsburg, Blakeslee, Scranton, Coolbaugh Township.
Why Retire In Pennsylvania
Its not the first thing you think of when you hear retirementbut its becoming a more and more popular option for retirees, especially those coming from neighboring states with higher costs of living. Whether youre a sports enthusiast, an outdoors lover, a city slicker, or a mix of the above, Pennsylvania could be a great retirement option for you.
Also Check: Retirement Communities In Wilmington De
Our Lake Communities In The Poconos
The Pocono Mountains of Northeast PA offer many lake communities with a little something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a Poconos gated community, secluded and relaxing cabin, such as in Lakeland Colony, or a place with non-stop activities and excitement, like The Hideout, Weichert Paupack Group will help you find the right lakefront home of your dreams! Our realtors of Wayne & Pike County listen to your wants and help point you in the right direction with the best Pocono community recommendations. Search all our current lake houses for sale in the Poconos today!
What are you waiting for?Dive in to the Poconos and discover where you belong!
Recreation Culture & Entertainment
The cities of Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, and Erie are the four most popular cities with plenty of attractions and entertainment options. Pennsylvania is home to dozens of professional sports teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers , Philadelphia Eagles , Philadelphia Phillies , Pittsburgh Pirates , Philadelphia 76ers , Philadelphia Flyers , Pittsburgh Penguins , and Philadelphia Union .
As one of the original 13 states of the United States, Pennsylvania is filled with rich history and cultural attractions. There are 165 historic landmarks throughout the state. The most popular attractions throughout the state include Independence National Park and the Liberty Bell, Hershey Park, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Eastern State Penitentiary, Strasburg, Andy Warhol Museum, Gettysburg National Military Park, Intercourse, Valley Forge, and the state capitol of Harrisburg.
Outdoor activities are abundant with skiing, kayaking, hiking, hunting, fishing, and so much more at the Pocono Mountains, Clarion River, Allegheny National Forest, and Moraine State Park.
Recommended Reading: How Does 401k Work After Retirement
Lakes To Retire On Are Everywhere
The good news is that the country is filled with lakes and ponds of every size and description. Some are edged by major cities , while others have bucolic towns on their shores. There are lakes where you can retire that have nothing around them except the occasional camp or cottage. By choosing just 20 lake towns in this report, it means that we have omitted dozens if not hundreds of other great candidates. We have tried to focus on lakes where it is possible to live on or near the lake, and where there is some kind of nearby town for entertainment and the necessities of life. Some of these lake towns were suggested by members we would love to hear more suggestions!
Pluses and Minusesof retiring on a lakeThe advantages of lakeside living are pretty obvious. Great scenery, year round recreation, relaxation, a magnet for grandchildren those are just a few. Generally, retiring on a lake is a lot more affordable than living on the ocean. Another is that living on a lake is a lot less treacherous than living on or near an ocean beach, where hurricanes are much more of a serious menace.
Some Wonderful Lake Towns for RetirementIn the Topretirements.com database we found more than 130 towns that weve identified as Lake towns, and 325 active adult or 55+ communities classified as being on or near a lake . You can see all of those and even drill down by State by using the Search feature in the main top navigation of every page, then select Lake as an environment .
Athertyn At Haverford Reserve
Price Range: Low $600ks Low $1 millions Number of Homes: 198 homes Age Restriction: 55+
The clubhouse at Athertyn at Haverford Reserve has a lot to offer the adult who wants an active retirement. There are rooms for cards and club meetings, a catering kitchen and a gym fully equipped with locker rooms. There is also an indoor golf simulator and an outdoor putting green at the Haverford community. Outside youll find a resort-style pool and tennis courts.
The amenities come with a price, of course, and this communitys homes are fairly expensive. Make sure to take into account the cost of living in your new home town if If youre worried about how youll make ends meet.
Pohlig Builders started construction on Athertyn at Haverford Reserve in 2009 and continues to build. Eventually, there will be just under 200 homes in the community. This is a condo community with six buildings. Every unit comes with a parking spot. Condos have between 1,592 and 2,962 square feet and one to three bedrooms and two-and-a-half baths.