Exceptional Rewards Inspiring People
- Annual performance-based bonus for managers+
- Shift differential pay
- Relief-in-higher classification pay
- Group fitness classes
- Stanford Health Promotion Resource Center
- Weekly webinars on special topics
- Commuting and parking subsidies and pre-tax payroll deduction for parking permits, transit passes, and vanpool expenses
- Back up care options 24 hours a day, 365 days per year for loved ones of any age
- Employee discounts to local attractions, fitness centers, and theme parks
- Maternity services and on-site child care
- Adoption services and subsidy
- Travel Assistance
Healthcare + Savings Plan
The Healthcare + Savings Plan has a nationwide network and a deductible, and is eligible for a health savings account with university contribution.
After you meet your deductible, the university shares the cost of all benefits, including prescription drugs. The university pays for a larger share if you use in-network providers and facilities. This is the only plan available through Stanford that works in conjunction with an HSA with a university contribution that can be used toward your out-of-pocket deductible costs.
Network: 100% if part of annual preventive
Non-Network: Not covered
Non-Network: Not covered travel immunizations not covered.
Network or Non-Network: 80% after deductible
Mail order drug program
Must use Blue Shield mail-order service
Birth Control Pills
|Included in Prescription Drug benefit|
Controlled Group And Loans
Stanford is required to follow IRS regulations that mandate the university treat its retirement plans and plans maintained by other Stanford-related employers as belonging to a single controlled group for various purposes. This controlled group includes:
- Stanford University
- Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital at Stanford
- University Healthcare Alliance
- Packard Childrens Health Alliance
- SAA Sierra Programs LLC
- Lucile Packard Foundation for Childrens Health.
Employees who work for any of these organizations will be considered, for certain administrative purposes, to be employed by the same employer: Stanford.
If you have been employed by any of the other entities within the controlled group and have taken a loan that has had an outstanding balance within the last 12 months, it may affect the loan amount available to you. This will be determined during the review of your loan request by Stanford.
Before you request a loan, you can model various loan scenarios on the My Retirement Savings website. To apply for a loan, call 888-793-8733 and speak with a Fidelity representative.
If you request a hardship withdrawal from more than one plan or vendor within the controlled group you must file for each separately and the amount requested from all plans and vendors cannot exceed the amount allowed for financial hardships as defined above.
You May Like: Pinecrest Retirement Community Largo Fl
Contribution Limits Set By Federal Tax Laws
The IRS imposes certain contribution limits on this type of retirement savings plan and they are subject to change each Jan. 1. These limits apply to all contributions you make during the calendar year to all retirement plans — a Stanford plan and/or another employer’s plan. If you exceed these limits, the IRS may impose penalties. Stanfords contributions may be reduced or stopped if you reach certain federal limits.
If you were employed by another employer during a calendar year, you are responsible to:
- Ensure that your annual contributions do not exceed IRS limits.
- Monitor your limits and pay any taxes, penalties or interest due because of excess contributions.
To learn more or to change your contribution rate, log into My Retirement Savingsor call 888-793-8733. If you have any questions about the limits or your responsibilities, consult with a tax advisor.
Continued Education Learning Is Our Life’s Work
Were passionate about continuous learning and professional development because we know that developing our people directly impacts our ability to innovate and shape a better future for all. We invest in your professional and personal growth through a collection of programs, grants and resources that allow you to further your career, achieve your loftiest goals and aspire to a lifetime of learning.
- $6,000+in tuition and training assistance annually
- Up to50%of Stanford’s annual tuition cost applied to your child’s undergraduate tuition
Read Also: How To Be Ready For Retirement
Time Away Be Exactly Where You Need To Be
We know the most important days in your life may be the ones you spend out of the office. So whether you need to recharge, get well or care for a family member, our leave package is designed to help you focus on the not-work things that matter most. So take that dream vacation, spend that holiday unplugged and present, and take that time to bond with your familys newest arrival.
- 18+PTO/Vacation days per year
- 6Weeks of family leave at 100% of your base pay
Stanford Health Care Retirement Savings Plan
Please don’t reach out to us on live chat or our toll free number unless you’re dealing with a divorce.
- This Plan permits Participants to direct the investment of his or her retirement accounts.
- This is a 403 plan for certain employees of public schools and tax-exempt organizations. Participants include teachers, school administrators, professors, government employees, nurses, doctors, and librarians, and investments are in annuity contract
- This is a 403 plan for certain employees of public schools and tax-exempt organizations. Participants include teachers, school administrators, professors, government employees, nurses, doctors, and librarians, and investments are in a custodial agreement where the investments are typically in mutual funds
- This is a plan where Participant-directed brokerage accounts are provided as an investment option
- This is a plan that provides for total or partial participant-directed account. In other words, this Plan uses a default investment account for participants who fail to direct assets in their account.
Read Also: New York State Retirement System Online
To Enroll Or Ask Questions
To enroll for TDA and CRA contributions, log into the My Retirement Savings. You can also enroll by phone at 888-793-8733.
After you determine how much you wish to contribute on a before-tax basis for the year, be aware you can adjust the amount any time. You can keep track of your year-to-date contributions by looking at your pay statement and your Total Compensation Statement.
Hospital & Medical Coverage
Your Stanford Health Care Advantage plan provides comprehensive medical and hospital coverage with no annual deductible and low copayments for in-network providers.
|Stanford Health Care Advantage Gold|
|Maximum Out-of-Pocket Limit This means you will never pay more than $6,500 per year for covered medical expenses, even if you have an unexpected illness or injury. If you reach this limit, you will no longer have to pay any copays or coinsurance.||$6,500 Per Year|
|$275 Copay Per Day for Days 1-7,$0 Per Day for Day 8 and beyond|
|Outpatient Surgery at Hospital|
|Outpatient Surgery at Ambulatory Surgical Center||20% Coinsurance|
Read Also: The Only Retirement Guide You Ll Ever Need
Explore Your Investment Options
When and Why:
Depending on your plan, there are two options to consider: Target Date Funds which are based on an anticipated retirement date and Target Allocation Funds that are based on a risk tolerance and time horizon.
Note: The performance data featured represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate, therefore you may have a gain or loss when you sell your shares. Current performance may be higher or lower than the performance data quoted. Click on an investment to view quarter end returns, risk, fees and expenses. 1,2,3,4.
At Least Four Months Prior To Your Retirement Date
Contact Stanford Benefits
This calculation determines if you are eligible for medical and dental benefits in retirement and what portion of the coverage cost you will share with the University.
Stanford Benefits will perform your calculation and you will be notified by the Stanford Benefits service center of the outcome. The calculation takes about four to eight weeks.
Notify your Department Chair or Dean
- Complete the Notice of Intent to Retire document.
- Your Notice of Intent to Retire should indicate whether or not you intend to participate in the Faculty Retirement Incentive Program .
- Your Chair and/or Dean will sign the Notice of Intent to Retire and forward it to the Provost’s Office.
- The Provost’s Office will prepare an acknowledgement letter for you about your retirement and forward copies to your School and to Stanford Benefits.
Recommended Reading: Health Care Costs In Retirement
Holistic Wellness We Prioritize Wellness So You Can Too
Weve been into wellness since before it was cool. From our world-class exercise facilities where you can grab a lunchtime workout to sustainability and environmental responsibility programs that make it easy to live your values, we make holistic wellness a priority, so you can, too.
- 20+Recreational facilities
- 18+Mental health and wellness programs
Start Building Health Savings Today
Its never been easier to take control of your health and grow your money.
12020 Year-end Devenir HSA Market Study, March 2021 https://www.devenir.com/research/2020-year-end-devenir-hsa-research-reportReturn to content
2HSAs are never taxed at a federal income tax level when used appropriately for qualified medical expenses. Also, most states recognize HSA funds as tax deductible with very few exceptions. Please consult a tax advisor regarding your states specific rules.Return to content
3Investments are subject to risk, including the possible loss of the principal invested, and are not FDIC or NCUA insured, or guaranteed by HealthEquity, Inc. Investing through the HealthEquity investment platform is subject to the terms and conditions of the Health Savings Account Custodial Agreement and any applicable investment supplement. Investing may not be suitable for everyone and before making any investments, review the funds prospectus.Return to content
Recommended Reading: Jp Morgan Chase Retirement Plan Administration
Traveling Outside The Us
Benefits will be provided for covered services you receive anywhere in the world. Blue Shield has network providers outside of California and the United States. We encourage you to see Blue Shield providers to help reduce your costs, but you still have the option to see any provider to get needed care.
You can access service outside of California through the BlueCard Worldwide® Network.
If you need care while out of the country, call the toll-free BlueCard Program Access number at 800-810-2583, or call collect at 804-673-117724 hours a day, seven days a week.
Before traveling abroad, call Blue Shield Customer Service at 855-599-2657 to find out what you need to make your plan work for you when you travel. For more information, visit the Blue Shield website.
In an emergency, go directly to the nearest hospital. As soon as possible, you should call Blue Shield at 800-343-1691 or call collect at 804-673-117724 hours a day, seven days a week.
Stanford Health Care Alliance
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires that you receive a Summary of Benefits and Coverage . The SBC is designed to help you understand and evaluate your health plan choices. Digital copies provided in the Resource section on this page. Paper copies are also available, free of charge, from the Postdoc Benefits Office by calling 650-724-9490.
Recommended Reading: How Much Is Army Retirement Pay
Administered By Anthem Blue Cross
The UC Health Savings Plan is a high-deductible PPO paired with a health savings account , a federal tax-free account maintained by HealthEquity, to help pay your out-of-pocket costs.
The HSA has a use-it-or-keep-it feature, so your account balance rolls over annually and continues to grow tax-free. You own your account, so money you dont use toward eligible health care expenses goes with you when you leave the HSP, when you end your employment with UC or when you retire.
Effective Jan. 1, 2022, Navitus Health Solutions is the new pharmacy benefit manager for UC Health Savings Plan. Visit the Navitus formulary for information about covered drugs and your out-of-pocket costs for specific drugs, or call the Navitus 24/7 customer care team at 855-673-6504 .
Retirement: For The Ce
Retirement eligibility for Clinician Educators is set forth in Administrative Guide, Section 2.1.10. Additional counseling and information on medical benefits in retirement can be obtained from the University HR Service Team at 650-736-2985.
Upon retirement and upon meeting certain qualifications, Clinician Educators may request Staff Emeritus or Staff Emerita status. For additional information, please visit the School of Medicine Faculty Handbook, Chapter 3.3.G.
Retirement Savings We’re Invested In Your Future
What better way to say “thank you” for investing in Stanfords future than by investing in yours? Our retirement planning benefits include 1:1 financial counseling, retirement savings plans and other services to help you prepare for a good life after Stanford whether thats years away or just around the corner.
- Up to5%of your base pay contributed automatically to your 403 + a generous match
- 100%of your retirement account is fully vested immediately
Postpone Coverage Until A Later Date
- You may choose not to enroll in your retiree benefits at retirement, but reserve the right to enroll during any future open enrollment period or if you have a qualifying life event. You may postpone only once when you first retire.
- After you enroll in a Stanford retiree health plan, you no longer have the option to stop coverage and start again at a later date.
- If you die while eligible for the retiree health care program, your eligible surviving dependents have a one-time option to postpone coverage. If your eligible surviving spouse/registered domestic partner then dies, your surviving children likewise have a one-time option to postpone coverage.
- If you do not enroll or apply to postpone coverage within 31 days of your retirement, you will be automatically placed in postpone status indefinitely until you contact us.
Recommended Reading: Where To Invest Retirement Funds
Stanford Health Care Alliance Medical Plan
Good news! There are no benefit changes to our medical plan for 2022 and postdoc only coverage will continue to be available at no cost to you! Please keep in mind that although the SHCA medical plan lets you access care from in-network and out-of-network providers in the United States, you receive the most benefits and spend less money when using in-network providers.
For the greatest savings to you, receive all services from an SHCA in-network provider when accessing care within these 5 core counties:1. Alameda4. San Mateo5. Santa Clara
When accessing care outside of these 5 core counties, but within the United States, enjoy the same benefits and savings when you use the Aetna Choice POS II network.Please Note: Palo Alto Medical Foundation is not an in-network Aetna provider for our plan and will always be out-of-network.
If you choose to go out-of-network, either within the 5 core counties or anywhere else in the United States, covered services are paid at the out-of-network percentages. Out-of-network providers can charge you any amount for services. Aetna will pay a percentage, but you would be responsible for anything left unpaid by Aetna. By choosing to go out-of-network, you will pay more and you may need to file your own claims.
You can find more information about our medical plan here.
Retirement: For The Professoriate
The decision to retire can involve a complex combination of personal and professional considerations, and can require information from a variety of sources.
Faculty members who become official university retirees receive the emeritus or emerita title authorized by the Board of Trustees and become senior members of the Academic Council with privileges of the floor and of service on committees, but without the right to vote or hold office.
The Office of the Provost website offers the most comprehensive and updated information on faculty retirement including:
- Eligibility for Retirement
- Faculty Retirement Incentive Program
- Privileges & Benefits for Emeriti Faculty
- Living Well in Retirement
- Intent to Retire Form
The Cardinal at Work website also provides information on faculty retirement.
Recommended Reading: Jesse Dietz Retirement Planners Of Texas
Health Benefits Your Health Is Your Wealth
No matter your age, if you’re on your own or the head of a household, managing your health with confidence is key to thriving. Our high-quality health care options help you navigate the joys, challenges and responsibilities that come with any life stageso you can focus on living a full and healthy life, whatever that looks like to you.
- 5Health plans with coverage that fits your needs
- 3Health savings and spending account options
Transition From Tda To Cra Without Losing Matching Contributions
If you become eligible to open a CRA mid-year, remember to enroll and begin contributing at least 4% of your future contributions to your CRA. That way, you can start receiving the university’s matching contribution as soon as possible. You can continue to make before-tax contributions to TDA. Remember, contributions that go into TDA are not eligible for the matching contributions and cannot transfer into your CRA.
Also Check: How Much Will I Retire With Calculator
Waive Coverage And Permanently Lose Future Eligibility And Access To Stanford Health Care Coverage
- You may decline or drop retiree health care coverage at retirement, or at any time, and permanently waive your right to retiree health care.
- If you wish to waive coverage, we will ask you to confirm your decision.
- If you enroll for coverage and then terminate coverage for any reason, you cannot re-enroll. You and your eligible dependents lose all future eligibility for Stanford retiree health care.
Benefits At A Glance: Weve Got You Covered From Head To Toe
The following table highlights just some of the many in-network benefits available to you as a valued Stanford Health Care Advantage member. For more details and a complete list of benefits, please review our Summary of Benefits or Evidence of Coverage which can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
You May Like: How Much Should Go Into Retirement