Transparency Is Our Policy Learn How It Impacts Everything We Do
Transparency is how we protect the integrity of our work and keep empowering investors to achieve their goals and dreams. And we have unwavering standards for how we keep that integrity intact, from our research and data to our policies on content and your personal data.
Wed like to share more about how we work and what drives our day-to-day business.
How We Use Your Personal Data
How we use your information depends on the product and service that you use and your relationship with us. We may use it to:
- Verify your identity, personalize the content you receive, or create and administer your account.
- Provide specific products and services to you, such as portfolio management or data aggregation.
- Develop and improve features of our offerings.
To learn more about how we handle and protect your data, visit our privacy center.
Why Consider This Fund
- You want the opportunity to remain in the same portfolio after the target date is reached
- You want one-step diversification with exposure to domestic stocks, international stocks and fixed-income securities
- You’ve considered your risk tolerance and want your asset allocation to become more conservative over time, but still provide growth after your retirement date to protect against longevity risk
- You want an actively managed asset allocation portfolio investing in actively managed underlying funds
Read Also: Can You Start An Ira After Retirement
How We Approach Editorial Content
Maintaining independence and editorial freedom is essential to our mission of empowering investor success. We provide a platform for our authors to report on investments fairly, accurately, and from the investors point of view. We also respect individual opinionsthey represent the unvarnished thinking of our people and exacting analysis of our research processes. Our authors can publish views that we may or may not agree with, but they show their work, distinguish facts from opinions, and make sure their analysis is clear and in no way misleading or deceptive.
To further protect the integrity of our editorial content, we keep a strict separation between our sales teams and authors to remove any pressure or influence on our analyses and research.
Read our editorial policy to learn more about our process.
A Dozen T Rowe Price Mutual Funds Enjoy A Place Among The Nation’s Most Popular 401 Retirement Products Find Out Which Ones Are Worth Your Investment Dollars
T. Rowe Price’s corporate symbol is the bighorn sheep: a sure-footed and agile climber, even in the roughest terrain. It was chosen to reflect investors’ ability to rely on the firm’s investment expertise to navigate all types of markets.
As far as the best T. Rowe Price funds are concerned, it’s an accurate representation.
In this, part of our annual review of popular workplace retirement funds, we put T. Rowe Price’s most widely held 401 funds to the test. We analyze five of Price’s funds, plus the target-date series T. Rowe Price Retirement, and rate them Buy, Sell or Hold. funds in the country with target years between 2020 and 2050 but we appraise the series as a whole.)
This story is meant to help savers make good choices among the funds available in their 401 plan. It is written with that perspective in mind. Look for our reviews of other big fund firms in the 401 world, which currently include Vanguard and Fidelity, and will soon include American Funds as well as Buy-rated funds among all the top 401 options.
Read on as we look at some of the best T. Rowe Price funds for your 401 plan .
- Rank among the top 401 funds: #20
- Best for: Long-term growth, but a new manager has us pushing the pause button
T. Rowe Price Blue Chip Growth has long been one of the best T. Rowe Price funds widely available in 401 plans, but a recent change gives us at least momentary pause.
Puglia’s departure is the main reason we have a Hold on the fund.
Also Check: How Much You Need To Retire At 50
How T Rowe Price Retirement Funds Work
T. Rowe Price Retirement Funds, a Target Date asset allocation option, are designed to take you through retirement.
The asset mix of each Portfolio is based on a target date. This is the expected year in which participants in a Portfolio plan to retire and no longer make contributions. A team of asset allocation professionals adjusts each Portfolios make-up over time to ensure a noticeable and steady shift from equities to fixed income in the years leading to retirement.
The T. Rowe Price Retirement Funds are composed of actively managed funds and are managed to help retain your potential for growth, and aim to preserve the value of your assets at and after retirement.
As each Portfolio glides over time, its asset mix is adjusted. Looking at the image below:
- Greater emphasis on aiming to provide an income stream in your retirement years
- Actively managed T. Rowe Price funds with broad diversification
- The Funds invest in a mix of equities and bonds that gradually becomes more conservative as the target Retirement Date nears
- At the target Retirement Date, the Funds allocation to stocks is anticipated to be approximately 55% of its assets
- The Funds exposure to stocks will continue to decline until approximately 30 years after its target Retirement Date, at which its allocation to stocks will remain at approximately 20% and the remainder will be invested in bonds
How We Make Money
We sell different types of products and services to both investment professionals and individual investors. These products and services are usually sold through license agreements or subscriptions. Our investment management business generates asset-based fees, which are calculated as a percentage of assets under management. We also sell both admissions and sponsorship packages for our investment conferences and advertising on our websites and newsletters.
Don’t Miss: Best Golf Retirement Communities In Tennessee