Celebrating A Friend Or Family Members Retirement
Is someone you know preparing for their retirement from the military? Whether it’s a parent, a sibling, a spouse, a child, or a close friend, this once-in-a-lifetime event deserves an equally as memorable celebration.
When someone retires from the military, it can be a stressful yet exciting time for everyone involved. Many members of the military spend long periods of time away from home over the years. For their family members and friends, knowing that their days of traveling are nearing their end can be somewhat relieving. They won’t have to deal with sudden deployments or relocations and can spend as much time with their loved one as they’d like.
Unfortunately, it can be difficult for veterans to readjust to life outside of the military, and for their family and friends to readjust to having them around all the time. It may take some time to get used to this new and unusual situation, but eventually all the pieces will fall into place.
Despite the ups and downs that come with military retirement, the retirement itself is an important and joyous occasion thats worth celebrating. Honor your loved one’s years of dedicated service by planning a party or get-together and showing them how much you appreciate, love, and care for them.
Why You Should Give Your Employees Custom Awards
Awarding your employees can be a great way to motivate them. Keep reading to learn why you should give your… Read More
Veterans Day originJune 4, 1926, US Congress adopted a resolution, requesting President Calvin Coolidge to observe November 11 as a… Read More
How To Choose The Best Retirement Plaque
- If a retiree was mainly employed in a managerial position, wooden plaques with traditional golden engraved lettering are highly appropriate.
- Other plaques can be made using trophy-like motifs.
- Wooden, hanging plaques are exceptionally meaningful, and can be engraved with long, noteworthy messages. The gift of a hanging plaque is always a thoughtful gift, and something a retiree will treasure at home.
- Glass and crystal award-looking personalized plaques are a thing of beauty and elegance, echoing style, respect, and class. You cannot go wrong with them, no matter if you are looking for retirement plaque wording for police/military personnel, teachers, firefighters, corporate executives, or journalists.
Other retirement plaques can reflect the nature of the business that a person is leaving.
- Sculpted concrete plaques for contracting and municipal retirees are wonderful.
- Brass and metal plaques for teachers and government workers have special meaning.
- Wooden plaques for people with careers in the arts and public service can be stunning and enjoyable when paired with a private celebration.
Read Also: Pension Plan Vs Retirement Plan
Fantastic Farewell Plaque Wording Ideas
One of the hardest days that a human can face are the days of farewell. It may be you are departing from your school or college, or leaving an organization, or just leaving your hometown farewells can be heart aching.
Moreover, many other things come with a farewell, other than heartaches, and they are beautiful farewell messages as well as gifts.
Additionally, the most common gift that we receive during farewell are farewell plaques.
While there are plenty of options for farewell plaques on Sylvan Studio, you might need help with the farewell wording. Therefore, here I have listed some fantastic farewell plaque wording ideas that you can use if you are planning for someones farewell.
General Retirement Messages For Anyone
Retirement card messages, personalized gift messages, emails, or even text messages can be short and general.
- Kudos, Felicitations, Congratulations! However you say it, Im proud of you and happy for you for reaching this amazing milestone.
- Congratulations on your retirement. May it be all that youve dreamed of.
- Welcome to the next chapter of your life. Retirement is not an end, but a beginning.
- Well done! Youve worked so hard and deserve a little R & R in retirement.
- My deepest congratulations on a long and inspiring career. Happy Retirement!
What Are Some Of The Best Retirement Gifts
From golf clubs to electronic readers and from gift certificates to event tickets, you can think of anything when it comes to a good retirement gift. Check out our curated list of best gifts for men and the best gifts for women, respectively, to get your inspiration going! Since retirement is some sort of endless vacation, make sure you pick a retirement gift that speaks to the receivers hobbies and passions in particular.
Retirement Plaque Wording: Final Thoughts
We hope you enjoyed our selection of retirement plaque wording examples and messages. In case you want more ideas and inspirational phrases, feel free to leave us a comment in the dedicated section and we will update this guide accordingly. Even more so, if you have some retirement plaque wording that you already received and are proud of, share it with our community! We are always thrilled to hear from you!
Featured Image via Freepik
Also Check: How Young Can I Retire
Celebrating One Of Your Soldiers Retirement
If you’re a lieutenant, sergeant, or another high-ranking official in the military, you’ve likely been put in charge of a group of soldiers before. Your relationship may be primarily professional, but you’ve also probably forged close friendships with some of the soldiers that you’ve commanded. When this is the case, having to say goodbye can be bittersweet. Still, it’s important to send them off with proper congratulations, a firm handshake, and a smile. Make sure to wish them well and remind them that although they’re retiring, you’ll always remember everything that they accomplished during their career and how they inspired everyone around them.
Military Appreciation Quotes For Plaques
If you want to celebrate a military retirement with a beautiful, long-lasting gift, there’s no better option than a personalized crystal plaque. The retiree can display their plaque in their bedroom, office, or even their fireplace mantle, and look to the message inscribed on it whenever they want to remember their military days.
There are many eloquent sayings and speeches that make for the perfect military retirement quotes for plaques. These quotes come from many notable figures throughout history. Here are some of the most well-known and meaningful:
- “When the will defies fear, when duty throws the gauntlet down to fate, when honor scorns to compromise with death — that is heroism.” — Robert Green Ingersoll
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” — Joseph Campbell
- “America without her Soldiers would be like God without His angels.” — Claudia Pemberton
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. Elmer Davis
- I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget. George W. Bush
- The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it. Thucydides
You May Like: Retirement Programs For Small Businesses
Sample Retiring Nurse Farewell Message From Doctor
|Presented to:||A Special Nurse and Colleague|
|Sample Nurse Retirement Message:||
Thank you for your many years ofloyal and dedicated service.You have made an impact on yourpatients, co-workers and community.
and optimism to the work placeevery day. Everyone around you hasfelt your love and compassion. Thank you.
A Gift With Love FromYour Colleagues & Friends
Retirement Messages For A Boss
Say congratulations on retirement to your boss with a professional message that highlights her strengths or impact on your work life.
- May you learn as much in retirement as I learned working with you.
- Your leadership will be missed, but we hope you use those skills to lead yourself into a happy retirement.
- Congratulations on building an amazing career and team. Retirement is your much-deserved reward.
- Best wishes for a retirement thats as successful as your career.
- As you move up to the best position attainable, Happily Retired, I hope youll find the vacation policy and benefits far outweigh your expectations.
You May Like: Planning For Retirement As A Single Person
What To Write On A Retirement Plaque
Celebrating someone’s retirement is generally cause for celebration and gifts of congratulations. Often, there will be some sort of company-sponsored event, family party or a combination of the two. Plaques of recognition are often gifted to the retiree from the company, co-workers, family or friends. The wording on the retirement plaque will vary depending on who is giving the plaque and their relationship with the retiree.
What Do You Say For Retirement Gift
What To Write For Retirement Thank You Messages
- Thank you for adding to the joy of my retirement with your well wishes and amazing gift.
- Ill always remember your kindness!
- Thank you so much for the gift!
- You made me feel important and appreciated.
- I love my gift, and I love that Ill think of you whenever I see/use it!
You May Like: How Much Money To Retire At 62
For A Coworker Or Boss
You see them and speak to them as much as family and friends. The only thing that differentiates your coworkers and boss from your family and friends is that you speak to your coworkers and boss using professional jargon and other nonsensical, business-y words.
You might not be as close with them as you are with your family and friends, but your boss and coworkers are still important individuals in your life that deserve to be celebrated. Have you learned that one of them is going to retire soon? Try to coordinate a going-away party with the rest of your coworkers. You can decorate the break room, buy or bake a cake, and even make a slideshow or scrapbook to remind them of their professional accomplishments and the fun times they had during their career.
Don’t forget to see them off with a smile and a personalized plaque to commemorate their years of service. Not sure how to wish a coworker or boss well? Here are some examples of words to put on a retirement plaque for your inspiration:
- Thank you for your hard work. We’ll never forget your mentorship and, more importantly, your friendship. Heres hoping your retirement is a fantastic one!
- Congrats on your retirement! You were an outstanding manager, and we’re sad to see you go. But we know your retirement will be a happy one. Enjoy it, and don’t worry too much about your extended family back at the office.
The Best Is Yet To Come Wishes For Retiring Nurse
|Presented to:||A Retiring Nurse and Special Friend|
|Nurse Retirement Congratulation Message:||Congratulations on Your RetirementYou have set the highest standard as a womanand nurse. We are proud to continue the caliber of compassion and leadership that you exemplify.With the utmost respect to you, our dear friend.|
|Nurse Retirement Quote:||One Blessed Nurse – The Best Is Yet to Come|
Don’t Miss: Retirement Living In Nashville Tn
What To Include On A Retirement Plaque
A retirement plaque will usually include:
- Name of the recipient
- Name of the company
- Message of appreciation: this could be as simple as Thank you for your years of work or You will be missed etc.
- Optional: a famous quote, a selection from a poem, a longer personal message etc.
The length of the message of appreciation will depend on the size of the plaque. For a more personal message, think about 3 traits that the retiree is known for. This could be dedication, leadership, friendship, humor etc.
Whatever Comes Next For You May It Bring You The Same Joy And Fulfillment As You Brought Us
- This retirement message pairs well with: Team Hunt will make your coworkers retirement party full of laughter and fun. This game is all bout teammates guessing facts about each other and allows the retiree to be engaged in one last team bonding activity with employees before setting into new adventures.
Also Check: Five Rivers Retirement Tillamook Oregon
Impressive Retirement Plaque Wording For Teachers
Teachers are some of the greatest people in the world. No matter what you achieve or how great you become, you always have a teacher that has led you to become the person that you are.
And, when it is time for their retirement, we need to make sure that they know what a great job they have done.
So, in honor of all the teachers, here are some impressive retirement plaque wording ideas for teachers.
Make It Personal: Customizing The Plaque
Depending on the style of the plaque, you can customize with longer text, a special engraving, or company logo.
The Basic Walnut Plaque is a simple choice with room for a short message honoring the recipient. If you want plenty of room for text, the Raised Panel Cherry Wood Plaque has plenty of room for a personal message to the recipient along with a quote or poem.
The Walnut Plaque with White Ceramic Tile is perfect for customizing with a company logo and including a short personal message.
When an image represents a persons life work, the Rosewood Plaque with an engravable surface is a great choice. Whether the image is of a city for someone who has been in civil service or some other picture, this plaque offers plenty of room for a personal message along with customized artwork.
Our inventory of engravable plaques will provide the retirement gift youre looking for. Contact us to ask about engraving and other customizations available in our line of corporate awards and gifts.
Read Also: Can You Add To A Roth Ira After Retirement
Easy Tips On What To Write On A Military Retirement Plaque
Military retirement plaques are a great way to acknowledge and honor the dedicated service of departing US military personnel. Retirement plaques are often given as gifts or tokens to commemorate the loyalty and dedication of a retiree. They can either come from their own unit or from colleagues from the military service.
Military Plaques can offer you the widest choices of military retirement plaques that range from the most basic up to the most complex design of your choice.
If you cannot figure out the right words to say on the plaque, keep in mind these guidelines on how to make your military retirement plaque sayings concise, professional, and meaningful at the same time.
Answer these questions before clicking our online order form:
Who is the recipient Who will be giving the plaque? How many years of service did the recipient render? When is the plaque presented? With this basic information, your retirement/ presentation plaque will likely appear this way:
If you have additional instructions or details to be included on the plaque, be sure to indicate them on the order form.
How Do You Say Goodbye In Retirement
Methods to Leave behind Your Manager Whenever You Retire Youve been the very best boss ever. Appreciate all of the give you support demonstrated me through the years. You usually encouraged me to understand additional skills and also be within the field, if the business would benefit or otherwise. I remember whenever you hired me.
Don’t Miss: How Much Money Will I Get When I Retire
For A Dedicated Employee
Of course, you might be a boss looking to award an employee for their years of hard work and dedication. In that case, it’s better to keep things simple, to-the-point, and professional. Need help preparing a meaningful retirement plaque? Here’s how to say thanks to a valued team member.
- Thanks for your years of dedicated service. We hope your retirement is full of happiness, relaxation, family, new discoveries, and so much more. You will be missed!
- There aren’t enough words to describe how thankful we are for your years of dedication and excellent work. We hope you enjoy your retirementhere’s to countless more years of good health and good times!
Are you searching for the perfect gift for a retiring family member, friend, coworker, boss, or employee? Crystal Central has retirement plaques in a variety of unique and beautiful styles. Come and design a personalized plaque today!
Take Cues From The Retiree
Some people are absolutely overjoyed at the thought of retirement. They’ve been planning this for years, and far from languishing in a rocking chair, they’ve got their retirement all planned to the last detail.
Other people, though, have a much harder time with it because their retirement income isn’t what they thought it would be or they are so vested in their career. Cater the message to your recipients feelings about retirement.
What Are Some Funny Retirement Quotes To Put On A Retirement Plaque
If you are going the funny quotes way, here are some of our favorite retirement quotes you can inscribe on a wooden or even glass award-like plaque!
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you dont mind, it doesnt matter.
- The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.
- To me, retirement means doing what you have fun doing.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- Dont act your age in retirement. Act like the inner young person you have always been.